Electrolysis by Shelly is located in Chilliwack BC, Canada. You can find us on a map here and contact us anytime to answer any questions you might have.
About Shelly Hermkens
I have been interested in electrolysis since 1987. I trained and became a certified Electrologist in 1993 and joined two industry associations: PSPE and COPE. In the same year, I began to work for a small spa on Young Street that offered massage, nails, facials, pedicures, and electrolysis.
Months later, I decided to buy my own equipment and rented a small space in a hair salon in Chilliwack. In 1995, I moved my practice to my home where I was able to build a serene studio that best suited my clients’ needs.
In 2003, I trained in the use of laser for hair removal and vein treatment and have been thrilled with its capabilities and results. From there, I became interested in skin care and age-defying treatments where I conducted research on the different modalities available to rejuvenate the skin.
Looking for a treatment that was natural and worked hand in hand seamlessly with the body, I found the microcurrent therapy would do just that. Its anti-aging, body contouring and healing properties are just some of the benefits I am now able to offer my clients.
- Member of Valley Women’s Network for the past 10 years
- Supports MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Drivers)
Certifications and Training
- 1993 Electrolysis Certification from Swanson’s Canadian Institute of Electrolysis
- 1993 Joined COPE (Canadian Organization of Professional Electrologists)
- 1993 Joined PSPE (Pacific Society of Professional Electrologists of British Columbia)
- Continuing Education courses through PSPE (1996 – 1999)
|Hinkel UC3 & Module||Apilus Module||Laser Module|
|Business/Internet||Infection Control||Wound Healing|
|Photo Dynamic Therapy||Other Methods||Telangiectasia|
- Certification of Knowledge Expansion (May 2019); attended conferences on the following topics:
- Relevance of PCOS in Your Practice
- Electrolysis in the New Age
- Transgender Inclusion 101
- Marketing Your Business/Google & Video
- Certification of Participation in Modern Electrolysis Symposium (2018); attended conferences on the following topics:
- Thermolysis or Blend? Make the Right Choice Every Time
- IPL, LASER and Electrolysis: Key Scientific Insights
- The 5 Most Difficult Cases in Electrolysis
- The Future of Electrolysis
- Certification of Participation in Esthetique Spa International (2003-2016); attended lectures:
- Discover the Ultimate Facial – With Microdermabrasion and Cold Laser
- Photomesotherapy, Get F.I.T. (Facial Inhalation Therapy)
- Discover Bio-Choice – a Non-injectable Botox Alternative
- The Ultimate Facial Rejuvenation – Using Cosmetic Acupuncture Point Stimulation
- Cleansing, Detoxification and Weight-Loss – Inner Beauty, Inner Cleansing and Inner Glow
- 2003 Laser Hair Removal Certification from Richmark International
- 2004 Vascular Laser Workshop with Stellar Laser Technologies Inc.
- 2008 comprehensive hands-on training from Cynocure with the Apogee Elite Aesthetic Laser System for sun damage, brown spots, freckles and skin rejuvenation.
- 2004 comprehensive hands-on Microcurrent training from Bio Facial Training Institute
- 2006 Facial Inhalation Therapy Certificate from Kulhay Wellness Clinic and Educational Centre
- 2006 Cosmetic Acupuncture and Non-Surgical Facelift Certificate from Kulhay Wellness Clinic and Educational Centre
I believe knowledge and information are the best tools I can give my clients for their own continuing care and participation in the process of their own renewal and rejuvenation.
Contact our studio at any time and we will be happy to show you around our studio and discuss which products and services would best suit your needs.