Supporting emotional health is one of my favourite ways to use an essential oil diffuser. I am constantly experimenting with different blends, especially in my practice for my clients and myself.
Essential oils are all the rage these days and for good reason. Their healing supportive properties allow us to get restful sleep, soothe away pain, boost our energy, relieve stress and even help balance our hormones. Essential oils can aid our bodies on a mental, emotional and physical level.
An Essential Alternative to Candles
Diffusing essential oils offers a safe alternative to candles, unless you’re buying pure beeswax candles or other natural wax candles.
Essential Oils 101
Here are a few single oils and their properties to get you started. Diffuse 8 to 10 drops for 20 to 30 minutes 2 to 3 times daily.
- Balsam Fir – recharges vital energy and instills a sense of strength and vitality
- Black Pepper – increases energy in all systems of the body (use 1 to 2 drops in diffuser.)
- Grapefruit – counteracts depression and destructive thoughts and negativity
- Lavender – relaxing, uplifting, stress-relieving, mentally clarifying
- Lemon – cheerful, uplifting, dispels anger and feelings of negativity
- Nutmeg – gently stimulates the adrenals and boosts energy (use 1 drop in diffuser.)
- Spruce – removes emotional blocks and instills a sense of balance
- Sweet Orange – encourages feelings of joy, happiness and peace
- Tangerine – relieves anxiety and nervousness
You can use these separately or together with other essential oils and see how it makes you feel. Best to experiment.
My Favourite Harmonizing Blend
I love to use this combination in my practice. I always get positive feedback
from my clients as it helps to relax the mind and body:
Have you used an essential oil diffuser before?
How do you like it?
How has it helped you?
Let me know!