Oh how we hate cellulite!
Those ugly deposits of fat that most of us see on our bodies at some point or another (even if you’re skinny.)
What is Cellulite?
The term “Cellulite” is used to describe a cosmetic imperfection that causes distress to millions of women. On the surface, cellulite is lumpy, bumpy, rippled skin that first appears, most commonly, on the thighs and buttocks. Cellulite is more commonly found in women and is indiscriminate of size, shape or weight.
What causes cellulite?
The storage of fat in the adipocytes (fat cells in the dermis) as well as water in the dermis and hypodermis contribute to the visibility of cellulite. As the adipocytes increases in size, their membranes become distorted and place strain on their points of fixation within the skin resulting in the unsightly lumpy appearance (orange peel effect). This process is then aggravated by a slowing down of circulation resulting in the stagnation of toxin and the reduction of nutrients within the structures. Congestion of the connective tissue also occurs which results in the loss of elasticity.
I know what you’re thinking, is there a fast way to get rid of cellulite for good?
The answer is yes!
- Help your skin detoxify itself with dry-skin brushing, using a body brush with natural bristles. Brush strokes start at your feet, moving up your legs in long, brisk movements in the direction towards your heart to encourage the return of blood and lymphatic flow. This should take two to five minutes a day.
- Enjoy slimming bath salts that are energized with laminaria and fucus seaweed in your tub at home. It is recommended to use them twice a week.
- Load up on all of those veggies and fruits. They are known to keep cellulite at bay.
- Other miracle ingredients to include in your daily diet are: ginger, fennel, onion, cayenne pepper, rosemary, cinnamon, cloves and lemons.
- Drink at least six to eight glasses of water. This will help to flush out all the excess toxins from your body that could otherwise end up on your thighs and butt.
- Exercise: walking, yoga, weight lifting or anything that sets your gluteal muscles and leg muscles in motion.
- Micro-Current Body Treatment – This treatment uses a set of electrodes to send customized electrical pulses that feels like a slight tingling sensation, through the nervous system which imitates the body’s natural abilities to remove fat. That means you lose fat without going to the gym and also reduce the appearance of cellulite in the bargain! You will see visible results after one treatment, usually four to six micro-current treatments are recommended.