Pamper Yourself this Holiday Season on a Budget
Let’s Not Forget About Self-Care
We take care of everyone and think of our own self-care last. Especially during the holidays when there is so much going on. Now your cup is becoming empty. Here are some ways to pamper and treat yourself:
- Winter Outing. Go tobogganing, hiking, downhill or cross-country skiing. Do this on your own or with family and friends. Snowshoeing, hiking or a walk out in the fresh air will rejuvenate you.
- Take a Bath. Enjoy a bath with epsom salts. Add two cups of plain epsom salts or lavender foaming bath salts to the water. Water should be between 34 – 36 degrees Celsius. Relax for health and wellness. Brew your favourite herbal tea before bath time.
- Create a Gratitude Journal. Think of 3 things everyday you are grateful for. Write them in your journal. Do a Grateful Jar with your family and read them together.
- Exercise. Use exercise as a great excuse to socialize and burn some extra calories from all the goodies at the office.
- Buy Yourself a Gift. Choose earrings or a new scarf you’ve had your eye on. Don’t spend a fortune. It’s a token for all the hard shopping you do over the holidays. Open a new savings account to save money for a future trip.
- Breathe. Take time to sit quietly, close your eyes and concentrate on your breathing. Breathe slow and deep.
- Meet With a Friend. Have a coffee or tea with a friend or friends. Keep it close to home. Best not to go to a mall. Talking and having a laugh with a friend or friends will help you find joy in the season. Girlfriends can lift a mood any time of the year.
- Put on Your Favourite Flick. Dedicate an evening to pyjamas and popcorn and watch your favourite movie. Tell family and friends you are flying solo and relax on the couch and watch something that’s chosen just for you.
- Lift Your Mood. With a holiday-inspired aromatherapy blend, mix 2 drops of ginger, 2 drops of clove, 2 drops of cinnamon and 1 drop of nutmeg. De-stress using 2 drops of peppermint, 1 drop of lavender and 6 drops of frankincense.
- Get a Massage. Soothe out those tight muscles. Have a facial mask applied to your face and neck and relax while it transforms your skin. My favourite is my freshly prepared green tea facial mask. This mask is packed with vitamins A, B1, B5, B6, C, E, K, P, and U. It’s nature’s strongest antioxidant and has 100 X more Vitamin C and 25 X more Vitamin E power. It’s filled with a rich source of minerals including, zinc, calcium, magnesium, selenium, chromium, iron, phosphorus and more. Your skin will thank you as it will feel soft, supple, hydrated and glowing.
Note to Self
Remember how important it is to indulge in self-care. Pick one of these ways to treat yourself when you feel your stress levels increasing.