Tis the Season to Eliminate Brown Spots & Spider Veins!
Fall is officially here after a very hot summer. Along with falling leaves comes the rain. While there are still some warm sunny days to look forward to, the days at the beach are done for this year.
I advise my clients that the best time and season in getting each of these laser treatments for brown spots or spider veins is in the fall and winter.
It is highly recommended to make a complete plan to banish those pesky brown spots and spider veins before the start of the next summer.
The Best Seasons for Treatment
My clients often inquire why the best time for treating these conditions is during the fall and winter. Most clients consider receiving these treatments just as summer is arriving and the skin is more exposed to the hot sun. This is the time for swimsuits, shorts, and sundresses; therefore, the exposed skin becomes suntanned. It is not recommended to have suntanned skin when being treated for brown spots and spider veins.
It seems to make sense that you would want to improve your skin when it is going to become more exposed. This is a common misconception. The truth is laser treatment for both brown spots and veins are best planned and booked in the fall or winter and treated a minimum two to four months prior to summer arriving.
There are a number of reasons why fall and winter are the best seasons to schedule your vein and brown spot treatments.
- Long pants and tights will hide the mild bruising and slight swelling that occurs for a short time immediately after the treatment.
- Compression stockings (optional) tend to be more comfortable to wear in the cooler months.
- Treated areas are less likely to be exposed to sun, (unless you are a regular at the tanning salon) which can cause discoloration as the veins are being absorbed by the body. Gradual fading in 8 to 12 weeks for leg veins and 6 to 8 weeks for facial veins.
Brown Spots (Age Spots) Treatment
- You’re not out in the sun as much and are wearing more protective clothing.
- Sun exposure during the summertime will cause your skin to darken or become photo-damaged, so the fall and winter is a good time to get those brown spots removed.
- After laser brown spot treatment, the fall and winter are the cooler months and a more suitable time for the skin cells to turnover, regenerate and restore. Exposure to the summer sun after laser treatments can cause further hyperpigmentation to already photosensitive skin.
We have recently begun booking clients for both laser vein and brown spot treatments in advance of fall and winter months.
Our Special Offer from September 28 to October 31, 2021, is a 20% discount off Laser Spider Vein Treatments. If you have spider veins or brown spots (age spots) and have been considering eliminating them, now is the ideal time to give us a call to book your spot.